Thursday, December 4, 2008
Let the madness begin!
I know the holiday season is upon us, but for some reason we are having a tough time getting things started around here! For example, we couldn't find an evening this week when we would ALL be home to decorate our tree. How sad is that? We don't even have teenagers yet! OH MY!
GOT NOG????
Anyway, we were all excited to get the tree up, so as a fam, we decided that those who could be there would help Mom decorate the tree. Hannah watched from near by but had a project she needed to get down before swim team/young womens...wednesdays are CRAZY for her! So she worked on homework and drank her egg nog while Kirk, John, Ruby and I decorated the tree.
We had fun EVEN THOUGH Dad and Hannah couldn't join us. We broke out the egg nog and cranked on the Christmas tunes. I had more fun watching the kids pull out each ornament and FIGHT, I mean, debate about who it belonged to and where it was from than I did actally decorating the tree. John was fascinated with each ornament and gave almost all of them a hug and a kiss! TOO CUTE!
We started in the afternoon and with all the "kid shuffling" and dinner in the way, we didn't finish until 8pm. Pretty funny! Ruby and I were the only ones left in the end. Here we are celebrating! What a project and what a beautiful tree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hannah - I am diggin that nog tache! Three cheers to all of you for getting the tree up and decorated!
Post a Comment