Friday, November 27, 2009

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe it is time to pull out the holiday decor again! Seems like I just put it all away. A lot has happened this year and I have much to be grateful for. Rich is amazing and the greatest husband a girl could ask for and our wild ones, well I don't think they could be any better. I am one lucky girl. We are healthy, we have a nice, warm home and Rich has a great job, that he enjoys. ALL IS WELL! We celebrated Thanksgiving with my parents in their beautiful new home HERE IN MERIDIAN! It was so nice to not have a five hour drive before us. We split the dinner responsibilities 50/50 and it was so nice to not be stressed and worn out! It was delicious and relaxing! I loved it! THANKS MOM!! What a great day we had! Right before we left, my Mom gave us all a gratitude journal and asked us to write in it every day and then on Christmas, we will talk about our entries. I loved her idea...so many things to be grateful for, especially this time a year. I will look forward to hearing about the things my children recognize as blessings. The kids have been out of school all week for Thanksgiving break, it was fun to have them around and hear them laughing with their friends. I am really looking forward to their two week Christmas break. For the first time in at least ten years, we are not going to Yellowstone for the holidays. While I am sad we won't be with our hilarious and fun Fairbanks family, in my favorite place on earth, playing in all the amazing, beautiful snow, I am looking forward to some of the traditions we just don't have time for when there is so much travel and planning involved. My goal is to ENJOY the holidays and do all I can to make them enjoyable and memorable for the kids. I really want to take the stress out of Christmas! That is the plan anyway...I may have to read this post every day until Christmas! :) I have lots of pictures to post and oodles of catching up to do on this silly blog..but for now, I am going to break out the Christmas decorations!! I love Christmas and LOVE how my house looks at Christmas time. I will get back to routine blogging soon!! I PROMISE! XOXOXO H

3 comments:

KS said...

dear blog slacker,
where have you gone? i need some entertainment from my favorite boise family - and i want to see pictures of my niecies and nephews! get re-blog-motivated please!
love, blog stalker

Brownsinaz said...

Get blogging sister! Hope you had a great holiday! xx

KS said...

what the fudge? You updated your blog background, but no blog update? Get crackin'!