
We had our ward Christmas Breakfast on Saturday , Rich usually works Saturday morning, so he wasn't planning on attending, in fact, he left our house early to get a jump on things at work. Just as I was loading the kids into the car to head over to the party, I got a call from our sweet bishop, who sounded FRANTIC! Santa had called in sick...was Rich available? I laughed and made a quick call. Rich is a sport, he headed right over to save the party!!
We had a nice time and enjoyed a great breakfast and just as they announced that Santa was on his way, John began to scream! (I know you are all shocked!) Before Santa even made his grand entrance, MY SON WAS HYSTERICAL! It is really so embarrassing! It is rare when this child isn't screaming!

Kirk thought the whole thing was a riot! He asked Santa for Pretty Ponies...the stinker! He thinks he is so funny! (so do I!)

I had Ruby go before John so he could see that Santa was harmless! Ruby asked Santa for Nintendo DS games, she is such a believer, had no idea who was in that Santa Suit! Although later that day she said, "Mom, Santa's glasses look just like Daddy's!" All I could say was, "NO WAY!!" She is too cute!

John was terrified but I made Hannah plop him down on Santa's knee anyway. Every toddler needs a picture with Santa, even if he is scarred for life, right? Rich tried to calm him down and said his name over and over again. Just when John was starting to relax, he turned to get another look at "Santa" and he FREAKED out...the double take was priceless, HE SCREAMED OUT LOUD, imagine a horror movie scream, I think Sister Niblett may have peed her pants!

I KNOW that I am going to burn in hell...but I thought it was so funny, that I dragged him over to Santa AGAIN, just to see if he could figure this whole thing out...NOPE!! John couldn't even bring himself to look Santa in the eye! He was a mess...the whole ward enjoyed the entertainment though! I now I have some repenting to do!! I know I am a horrible Mother, don't waste your time sending me hate mail!
Don't worry John, someday you will do the very same thing to YOUR kid!

I hope you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS filled to the brim with family and friends! (and good food too!!)
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Heather
2 comments:
Heather, that was the funniest thing EVER!!!! I wish I had it on video! I still crack up everytime I think of it. It WAS totally PRICELESS! Wish it were on video...
Me too...I bet it would've been chosen to air on America's Funniest Videos!! Word can't describe how funny it was, huh?
Thanks for checking our blog!! Love you!
Post a Comment