Sunday, February 15, 2009

A new tradition!

I saw this cute idea in Family Fun Magazine or on one of my favorite blogs, can't remember which, but I LOVED it... After lunch, I sat everyone down with stickers, construction paper, scissors and some glue...our mission was to make a valentine for everyone in our family and they were to say THREE things they loved about that person. I wasn't sure what the kids would think about my plan, but surprisingly, no one objected, not even Dad! We shared them after dinner and it was very heart warming...I loved watching the kids read what everyone said about them. They were BEAMING, it was very sweet! I think I will cherish these sweet notes forever!! Take a look! (grab a tissue first, if your last name is/was Fairbanks!) ha ha OF COURSE, John wasn't too thrilled about the idea, but after we read him his Valentines, he read them to himself over and over and over...it was cute!
I think we will do this every year, the cabin was BURSTING with love! It was a glorious way to spend an evening! I knew my kids liked each other!
Thanks for playing along my dear, sweet family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tradition - just may start it myself for next year! Looks like another fun time in W. Yellowstone!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I love that idea! What a great tradition. I think I'll steal it.