Luke, not sure what he was thinking...but he did GREAT!
Ruby was a natural! She was so comfortable and happy to be on a horse! Oh I love this easy going kid!
Here is Kirk getting acquainted with his horse

Hannah was nervous, REALLY NERVOUS, but after a few minutes, she relaxed and had a great time!
John and Rich waiting to hop on their horse
We got all saddled up and hit the dusty trail. Would you believe that out of all these horses, I got the one with the attitude? OF COURSE!! I was freaking out before we even left the corral. The ranch worker said, "Oh, by the way, he is a little ornery...just don't let him get too close to the other horses and you'll be fine, show him who's boss!" YEAH RIGHT!! From that moment on, I WAS FREAKING OUT!!
We crossed the highway and...
This is when I realized that we were going up in them there hills...that I would be on this here horse for quite a while! I almost peed my pants!
See this? He is GLARING AT ME!! My horse, "Stetson," HATED ME!! He was a royal stinker! He didn't like ANY of the horses near him and would KICK them if they got too close. The first time he did it, I almost went flying off! Good thing I have a big arse...it kept me in my saddle! Every time I took a picture, he would glare at me! I thought I was a goner for sure. I tried so hard to be a big girl, I knew my kids were having a blast, but man, I was a nervous wreck! I seriously wanted to just jump down, kick my horse and walk back!
This is how far behind this here horse got us...he wouldn't mind me! It was just like being around one of my kids!
This was our nice guide and his nice horse. He kept making comments, however, about my grouchy horse. It didn't help my spirits all, the more he said, the more and more nervous I became. I know horses sense these things and I truly think Stetson was mocking me! What a punk! (He really was just like one of my kids!)
HOORAY for Grandpa!! John was very nervous and grouchy and wanted to go back to the cabin. (I was willing to take him, but they wouldn't let me) He kept asking to ride on my horse with me, but I didn't have a "saddle for two," so he was unable to ride with me. Just then, Grandpa swooped in and saved the day, taking him on his horse! Grandpa is GREAT at distracting kids!! THANK YOU GRANDPA!! YOU ARE AWESOME!
Just look at this beautiful country we had to explore! We truly are spoiled! I kept taking deep breaths and tried to relax. The moments of sheer terror would come and go, just depending how close the other horses got to dear Stetson!
Okay, seriously, look at the view! Luke wouldn't turn around, I thought he was enjoying the ride and beautiful scenery...but he really just didn't want to miss any of the horses pooping! He and Georgia thought it was the greatest thing ever!! SO FUNNY! What is it with kids and POOP?
No comments:
Post a Comment