Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Hangover

I am sick...NO MORE CANDY FOR MOM!! To justify my all day binge, I started the day at the gym, worked HARD and ended the day on the couch with chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate...actually ate it all day long! I truly AM SICK!!! I think I have cured myself, I will never crave candy again! UGH! We had a grand Halloween though!! The kids were bouncing off the wall and ready to go by 6:00p.m. They looked adorable (THANKS GRAMMY AND GRANDPA!!) What fun it is to beg total strangers for candy and parade around the neighborhood in strange attire! Halloween was a favorite growing up for me and I know my kids adore it as well! Every year, Rich and a couple of "neighbor Dads" take all the kids trick or treating and the Moms stay home and pass out sugar to the masses...it is a great tradition! Fun for all!! This year their group started out small, but grew throughout the evening! Here they are just before heading out! We had a blast craving pumpkins on the 30th! Kirk HAD to carve a Volcom stone (surprise,surprise!) and did an alien pumpkin at scouts, Hannah, of course, carved, "I LOVE PHELPS!" Ruby wanted a kitty, John a dog and Daddy, carved FRANKENSTEIN (imagine evil laugh) Check out our awesome pumpkins!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you all had a Spooktacular Halloween! You are looked great!!

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

What a lovely Halloween! Adorable costumes and LOVE the pumpkins!