Friday, November 21, 2008

For just ONE night

For just one night, I was the "fun Mom!" What a rush! I surprised Hannah by getting us tickets to the first showing (which was at MIDNIGHT, on a SCHOOL NIGHT) of TWILIGHT...the movie we have been waiting to see for SO LONG...I couldn't believe it, I jumped on line last night, around 5:00, to get us tickets for Saturday evening and saw that there were still tickets available for the first midnight show... WAHOO!! We had a ball but man do I feel OLD!! We got to the theatre, along with oh, about 1000 other people, just before 10, waited in line (so we wouldn't have to sit on the front row!) and didn't get home and into our beds until 2:30 A.M!! I know it is crazy and probably a little foolish, but I would do it again in a second! What a fun time we had together. I am feeling guilty though...because Hannah had multiple tests today AND has her first swim meet on Saturday. I do have to say she was very prepared for her tests (WAY TO GO HANNAH) and she can go to bed early tonight, so she can be refreshed and ready to go for Saturday! (or so I am trying to convince myself!!) I am feeling that glorious Motherhood guilt because she looked like she wanted to drop dead as she left for school this morning. To tell you the truth, I feel a little woozie and slightly light headed myself, and it is only 10:30AM...I may be in trouble!! I have so much I need to accomplish today. My only real regret is a got a diet coke at the theatre, to help me stay awake (I haven't had a diet coke for over TWO MONTHS) and it was disgusting...how and why did I drink that for so long...YUCK!! I wish I would have just bought water! I also wish I wouldn't have eaten most of the extra large popcorn (with butter) we purchased! I also wish I had enough energy to make it to the gym this morning! Oh well, it will all make for a GRAND memory. When Hannah is old and gray,or when she is 34 and her daughter wants HER to take her to the opening of HER favorite movie, she will remember that for just one night, I was the "FUN MOM!!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an AWESOME momma! Bet you two had a blast! So fun to be able to do that on a whim!

KS said...

Oh you've ALWAYS been the fun mom!

Whitney and Greg said...

How fun! I cannot believe how grown up your kids are! They are all so cute!!