Friday, July 17, 2009

A day JUST with Kirk (oh and HUNDREDS of other Webelos)

I got to spend a WHOLE day at Webelos day camp with Kirk and his pal Jared earlier this month. It was at Eagle Island State Park, which I had never been to, but it was a great place to have day camp. The boys fished, played ultimate Frisbee, learned some fancy knots, made rockets, learned about nature, did some leather work, shot b.b. guns, learned about music and shot sling shots...WHAT A DAY! All but maybe three of their stations were in the shade too, it was AWESOME. It was such a treat to be with such nice boys! 10 and 11 year old boys are so pleasant. Hannah ROCKS and came to the rescue, watching Ruby and John for me, THANK YOU HANNAH!!! Here is Kirk, giving it a go with a fishing pole. Here is Jared. Kirk was all business when it came to the B.B. guns! I know what he is going to ask for when Christmas rolls around...THANKS A LOT Ore-Ida Boy Scout Council!!! ha ha Jared was a pro when it came to shooting. Kirk was a great shot too. GOOD JOB BUD!
WHAT A GREAT KID! Thanks for letting me tag-a-long Kirkelton!

3 comments:

KS said...

You're such a good scouting mother! I love the picture of Kirk looking over the top of his glasses with the gun. He looks a little like his Grandpa F. Well...minus the gun, that is. :)

Heather said...

Thanks Katherine...you are so sweet to check our blog...I think you are the only one! ha ha I love that picture too! It makes me laugh, he took that all so seriously!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Actually Heather, I check it all the time too. Just thought you should know :)