Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Where do I begin????

I hate being so far behind! I have so much to catch you up on...but before I get to any of that, I have BIG NEWS TO SHARE!!
NO, I am NOT pregnant!
MY PARENTS SOLD THEIR HOUSE IN SALT LAKE CITY and just came up over the weekend and bought a new one in Meridian, Idaho!! Can you believe it? We are going to have family in town to share our lives with! I am beyond excited! They should be up here by mid-August!! We are all very excited! HOORAY for close Grandparents!
Okay, here are some highlights from our Spring and Early Summer:
Kirk won the Pinewood Derby for the THIRD time in a row on April 21st. Check out that AWESOME car!! WAY TO GO KIRKIE! I was so proud of him, not only did he win with his car, but he won much more! He was a gracious winner and a good sport! He never screamed and shouted (like I wanted to) to celebrate his victory, he shook hands with his opponents and cheered for them. He is a great example to his family and friends and a TRUE CUB SCOUT!
Rich and John share a passion for mowing the lawn...JOHN LOVES TO HELP DADDY!
(If you click on the bottom two pictures you can see just how much John loves to help!) This is his FAVORITE thing to do!! It is so funny!
My parents came up from SLC in May to watch the kids for us so Rich and I could go to Arizona. Rich had a conference to attend for work and thanks to my parents, I got to tag along! WAHOO! THANKS MOM AND DAD!! It was great, we went down early and were able to spend a couple of nights with Rich's adorable sister, Katherine and her hilarious hubbie, Darryl and their two darling kiddos. Ada, who is 2 1/2 and Landon, who was about four months at the time. We were so happy to be able to spend some quality time with them AND we were thrilled to finally be able to meet sweet Landon! What an awesome family they are!!
It was a great trip! Rich and Katherine's cousin, Courtney Hugo and her new hubbie Ben, were also staying at the Sam residence, they were down checking out medical schools in the area. We enjoyed spending time with them as well! I also got to go to lunch with Nancy Bailey Brown, an old friend from jr. high school! It was so fun to catch up with her and giggle like teenagers! THANKS NANCE!!
While my folks were in town, they multi-tasked and went house hunting...it was exciting.
We also celebrated my Dad's 71st birthday! THANKS FOR SHARING IT WITH US DAD!! WE
LOVE YOU!! XOXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so excited that you updated your blog! I really like Hannah's shirts in these pictures, that girl has style!

KS said...

What a great picture of the kids with your dad! I love John's cute smile. You'd never, ever know, based on the pictures, that he is your "problem child." :)
Lost of love from the PHX.